Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Smokin with Paula

So, my first day of real-life, big boy college is tomorrow. And I'm starting to really question my decision. I mean, what was I thinking signing up for 8 AM Macro Economics? Was I high in my adviser meeting? Was she high? At about the hour mark, we did stray from academic conversation to her wondering aloud, "Did we really walk on the moon?"

This was just before she said (about her son coming home with the autograph of a particular ill-received former baseball player), "And that son-of-a-bitch came home with Pete Rose's autograph!" Her name is Paula. She gave me her cell-phone number. I love her.

Well, I would LOVE to tell the story of yesterday, of how Ross up and decided to drive to Western, hop in my car and ride shotgun all the way to dang Lexington to see Laura. I would love to tell of how we somehow entered a time warp and it took us an ungodly amount of time to get to Laura's apartment. I would love to tell of how we waltzed into Room 310, just like Laura said, and excitedly waved hello to...Laura? Who were those girls? Apparently, there were several buildings that had Room 310s. Oh.

I would love to tell you of how we hung out with all of Laura's wonderful friends deep into the night. I would love to tell you of Laura and Caitlin and Ashley and Emily and Emily and Thomas and Margaret and Lizzie and the guy with the sweet hair and white shirt and pants and Tim and later Mallori and how we played Scattergories and some wild game that Lizzie apparently invented. I would love to tell you of how Ross and I slept comfortably on Laura's tiny--but cute--bed but I can't because I did not sleep comfortably with Ross on Laura's bed. I would love to tell you of how me and BD moved my crap permanently (hopefully) into Southwest, the sweetest dorm on campus. I would love to tell you of how I met my roomie, my best one yet. I would love to tell you of the time when Laine and Jackelyn came to my room and we looked at my senior scrapbook. But that would take way to long. I'm hittin the sack, bro. I've got effin Macro in the morning.

PS - I hope that all the entertaining and I-really-hope-these-people
-like-me game is over. Its draining. I know its gay, but the last few days I've put a lot of pressure on myself to be appealing to others. That's stupid, I know. Tomorrow, I want to have some real conversations.

No comments: